More than 25% of the student community at PATHE Academy is made up with dedicated and inspired international students, so there is no reason to feel isolated or lonely.
The International Student Services leads PATHE Academy’s efforts in recruiting international students and supporting them throughout their career at PATHE Academy by providing them assistance in terms with admission, advocacy, and renewal of visa & immigration regulations.
We invite you to explore our website and find useful information about applying to PATHE, immigration regulations, and services to help you succeed as a student.
We hope you will let International Student Services become “your home away from home!”
RULES & REGULATIONS TO FOREIGN STUDENTS AT PATHE ACADEMY
- Foreign students who have already obtained a social visit visa from their own countries or those who are holding other visas (eg. Dependent visa, Work Permit, Student visa) are still required to apply for a student visa through PATHE Academy.
- Students who need to renew their student visa have to fill the application form and submit to Secretary – Academic one month in advance the visa expiry date (Application forms are available at the student coordinators as well as Secretary – Academic). It is student’s responsibility to submit all the required documents on time to renew the Student visa.
- Foreign students must attend classes regularly. Absence from class for more than 3 days must be substantiated with a medical certificate.
- Foreign students who leave the country for holidays or for any other purpose must inform to the course coordinator of their contact address or telephone number where they can be reached in case of emergency.
- Foreign students must inform to the course coordinator of any change in their permanent and current address, contact no, passport no., etc.
- Foreign students will have to abide by all general rules and regulation of PATHE Academy.
- Pre-departure Checklist
Please be aware of the cost of studying and living in Sri Lanka and organize adequate financial resources before leaving your home country. Students should pay course fee on-time. Fees vary according to the course you are taking. For fee structure, please refer to your Offer Letter.
It is important to know your own health history. Before departure, please ask your doctor’s advice on the type of medications you have been taking and the immunizations you have been given in the past. Most importantly, please be aware of the medications that you are allergic to. It is also good practice to have this information in writing in case you become ill while overseas.
Computer laboratories are available at PATHE Academy with a variety of software, e-mail and Internet facilities. The lab is open daily and you can check the opening hours from the notice on the notice board.
Student Visa Renewal
Student visa requesting procedure
Make sure to pay the semester fee before you request to extend your visa.
Note: We give visa extension letters only for the period that you have paid to study with the PATHE Academy.
Make sure to request the office for visa extension one month before the visa expiring date.
On the date of request please submit the copy of passport, filled request form and the relevant fee to the office.