Why Higher Diploma in Pharmaceutical Sciences?
PATHE Academy Higher Diploma in Health Science TOP UP is especially designed under international expert advice to suit international graduate level education.
It is a modern career opportunity in an employee-dominated market. As one of the most lucrative professions in the world, pharmaceutics is a rapidly developing area with continuous growth in new sectors. Pharmacists play a vital role in improving patient care through the medicine and information they provide. Pharmaceutical Science is a well-rounded career; blending science, health care, direct patient contact, computer technology and business. In addition, Pharmaceutical industry has excellent earning potential and is consistently ranked as one of the most highly trusted professions due to the care and service pharmacists provide.
The Healthcare qualifications are highly recognized by most educational and government establishments all around the world. We are proud to mention that PATHE Health programme graduates are working in more than 20 countries including UK, Italy, Sweden, Germany, France, Finland, Dubai and Cyprus. PATHE Health Programme is recognized by the Ministry of Health under PHSRC and Ministry of Youth Affairs and Skills Development under TVEC Sri Lanka
Further education opportunities
Opportunity – 1
Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Healthcare Leadership
The successful Higher Diploma students can enroll to the Master of Business Administration (MBA)
– Healthcare Leadership programme at Cleary University (USA).
- General English
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Pharmacy Practice
- Microbiology and Immunology
- Basics of Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Natural Products in Pharmacy Practice (Pharmacognosy)
- Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Research and Writing
- Financial & Management Accounting
- Financial Management
- 2500 hour Internship
Admission for further studies abroad is possible for Undergraduate and post- graduate level in USA, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Malaysia. Contact PATHE Study Abroad – the professional overseas student placement consultant team, for more information.
The programme is delivered with emphasis stressed on the vocational aspect of the course and not limiting to classroom theory, assignments, exams, classroom practices, demonstrations, job training and internships. Some of our modules may be delivered fully or party by online or through video presentations. PATHE management has the industrial training carried out in collaboration with major private healthcare institution.
PATHE Academy reserves the right to change the venue, date and time for some modules and practicals which will not be more than 30% of the whole programme.
- Weekday programme to be delivered in 24 months + Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
- Weekend programme to be delivered in 30 months + Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
- PATHE Academy Advanced Diploma in Pharmaceutical Sciences stream Or
- equivalent education which will satisfy the academic council of PATHE Academy with minimum 2 years’ experience in the healthcare sector in a recognized institution in the relevant discipline (proof of experience, confirmation letter and EPF/ETF should be provided).
- RPL: Special consideration and credit exemptions will be given to those who have past experience & qualification in the medical sector related to the Higher Diploma programme.
Enrolling for the programme:
Deadline for applications are 2 weeks before the commencement date.
To enroll you are required to come in person with a passport size colour photograph (with the softcopy), all educational and work experience documents and meet our Counselor or choose the online enrollment option to pay by credit card or through bank.
For further information contact the course Coordinator +94 721 566 566 / +94 720 239 715
Official clinical training provider
Park Hospitals, a leading private hospital in Sri Lanka is the official practical training provider for the PATHE Healthcare programmes. The delivery of the programme includes one day compulsory hospital demonstration work at Park Hospital.