Why Diploma in Computerized Accounting
This programme is designed to provide participants with adequate knowledge and skills in the applications of Accounting and Finance in a computerized environment. Thus, it is aimed to enable participants enhance their careers in the Accounting profession by acquiring the newest knowledge and skills in relation to Computerized Accounting. This programme is focused to those who seek a career in or are already engaged in Accounting/ Finance related functions in private/ public sector organizations.
The Diploma in Computerized Accounting qualifications is highly recognized by educational and governmental establishments all around the world.
The Programme of study will:
- Provide an opportunity to school leavers (after successful completion of their advanced level examination) to enter a career in the field of Computer based Accounting;
- Provide participants with hands-on experience in computer applications in Accounting with a view to enhance their effectiveness at work;
- Facilitate participants to make good use of available accounting resources in the work environment;
The Diploma Programme consists of 30 credits and 450 learning hours.
Those who possess the following education qualifications are eligible to apply.
G.C.E. (Advanced Level) Examination with a of minimum of three passes in any stream
Part I Examination of the AAT;
Foundation Examination of the ICASL;
Part I Examination of CIMA, CMA or ACCA
- Accounting Modeling
- Computer Based Accounting
- Introduction to Programming and Database Systems
- Multimedia Tools for Accounting Presentations and Web Applications
Semester I I
- Integrated Computer Application for Accounting
- Enterprise Recourse Planning (ERP)
- Accounting Information Systems Development
- Advanced Computer Based Accounting
Duration: one year
Sundays from 8.30am – 5.30pm